Title: Advanced LinkedIn Techniques (& other Social Media
Date: March 18, 2013
Location: Pace University, Multipurpose Room
Advanced LinkedIn Techniques (& other Social Media):
Boost Your Career
LinkedIn is now an essential tool for job-seekers and career-advancers: Those who are well versed are reaching their career goals more quickly. But, you can’t forget about Twitter and other social media which, depending on your situation, can potentially help you land meetings and ace interviews.
Robert Hellmann, career coach and author of Your Social Media Job Search, will go beyond the basics to show you advanced techniques in leveraging LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social media to build your network, research prospects, be “found,” contact people, and get meetings and interviews. You’ll learn:
* The “right” way to build and leverage your LinkedIn network
* Advanced LinkedIn people-search techniques that will improve your ability to both find and connect with those who can help you
* Under-used methods to leverage LinkedIn & Twitter for key job-target research
* Verbiage to include in LinkedIn messages that will boost your response rate
* Twitter’s potential for helping you to get interviews and clients
* The benefits of other social media, including Facebook, blogs, and email lists
This meeting assumes a very basic knowledge of LinkedIn. The content is targeted both to those in transition and consultants seeking to land your next client.
Robert Hellmann ( http://www.hellmannconsulting.com ) has helped hundreds of clients to reach their job-search and on-the-job goals. In addition to his private practice, Rob is a Five O’Clock Club Master Career Coach, where he leads career strategy groups for its most senior executives. He is also a professor at NYU, and author of the book “Your Social Media Job Search.” His career-related insights and commentary have appeared in media outlets such as the New York Times, Forbes, the Washington Post, Money Magazine, ABC News, NBC News and many others. Rob combines his 20-plus years in corporate marketing with his coaching training and experience to help people market themselves in their careers.
Hellmann Career Consulting
Follow Rob on Twitter: @robhellmann
“Like” my Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/hcconsulting
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up